The Secrets To and Science Behind Happiness – The Mission Newsletter, 10/12/18
“Life is trying things to see if they work.” — Ray Bradbury
Aren’t You Happy It’s Friday?
“Loretta Breuning is a doctor (!) who used to work on Wall Street. And when her boss yelled, she cried. ‘It wasn’t even something big,’ she said. But she cried anyway. She couldn’t help it. Cortisol was controlling her.
And that’s the scary part… when our chemicals take over our motive.”
“Despite happiness being a primary human motivation, only one in three Americans say they’re very happy…
How are we so quick to take for granted the remarkable things going on in life?
Why is it so easy to complain?
Why do we focus on the negative?
Everything is amazing and nobody is happy.
However, happiness can easily be achieved even without the brilliant advances in the world.”
“The secret to health, fitness, and I might add happiness, for me, lies largely in my never-ending drive to save money. I’ve always been frugal, to a degree such that some might use a less benign term for it…”
This will definitely make you happier…
Win a brand new MacBook! ?
Enter October’s Giveaway for a chance to win a 12-in MacBook and $300 Apple app store credit! The contest ends at the end of the month, so be sure to toss your name into the hat now!
Episode 16 of IT Visionaries
In this episode, we sat down with Chief Information Officer of Okta, Mark Settle. Mark is a seven-time CIO and shares his playbook for how he approaches taking on the role of CIO. He gives tactical tips for new CIOs and discusses the future of authentication software.
News that Matters
– Over-the-counter medicines might be useful in treating your existential crisis.
– Paradigm — a cryptocurrency fund founded by Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam, former Sequoia Capital partner Matt Huang, and Pantera Capital veteran Charles Noyes — just received $400 million in backing.
– According to a recent piece from Nicholas Kristof, “The most important thing going on in the world today is something we almost never cover: a rapid decline in poverty, illiteracy and disease.”
– HP released a leather laptop. No word on why this was necessary, but it’s happened nonetheless. ?
– Time has come out with its list of the 50 Genius Companies of 2018.
SIGNAL celebrates the developers, the builders, the innovators, the doers, and the dreamers who are reimagining how the world communicates.
You can also check out SIGNAL for free by getting a Keynote Only Pass.
The Mission is a new kind of media company. We publish stories, videos, and podcasts to help smart people get smarter. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or learn more about us here. We’d love to connect!
The Mission helps mission-driven companies build trust and connect with customers in a new way.
We create custom podcast sponsorships for enterprise companies. To learn more about why companies
Go to Source
Author: The Mission